LambdaConf is a brand of Fantasyland Institute of Learning, dedicated to the promotion of functional programming.
LambdaConf organizes an annual conference in Boulder, Colorado, which is one of the largest and most respected conferences on functional programming in the world. LambdaConf also hosts workshops, seminars, meetups, and retreats around the world, helping people everywhere find better ways of writing software through the magic of functional programming.
Advanced FP Training
2016, September 8-9th | Lake District UK
You already know Scala, but how well do you really know functional programming? The world of functional programming extends way beyond simple pattern matching and recursion!
The number of battle-tested Scala libraries that rely on advanced techniques in functional programming is rapidly growing. This list includes such hits as Scalaz-Stream (FS2), Shapeless, Scalaz, Cats, Spire, Matryoshka, FreeK, and countless others. In addition, more and more companies rely on advanced functional programming in Scala to build powerful, robust, and scalable applications that are correct-by-construction.
In this intense, two-day workshop, you will thoroughly learn the concepts necessary to dramatically improve your skills at advanced functional programming in Scala.
You'll go way beyond the basics as you learn about catamorphisms, type-level functions, fixed-point data, reified computation, endofunctors, lenses, and much more. When you're finished, you'll know how to build robust, type-safe, comprehensible functional programs.
No matter your past track record with functional programming, this workshop is your chance to finally understand the techniques and principles at a deep level, and to become the master of functional programming you were meant to be!Sign Up
2017, January 8th-11th | Crested Butte, CO
Escape the hustle of everyday coding with LambdaConf’s first winter retreat, held in Crested Butte, Colorado—a mountain town nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Leisurely explore selected topics in functional programming from invited LambdaConf Guides. Pair with attendees on interesting projects. Apply what you have learned from conferences, books, and blogs. And start 2017 with fresh passion for writing software in ways better than you ever thought possible.
2017, TBD | Boulder, CO
In the year 2017, on May 25-27, LambdaConf returns for its fourth edition, and we're setting the bar higher than ever.
- On Thursday, we're introducing LambdaConf Instructors, hand-picked speakers with expert teaching skills, who will spend the whole day educating attendees on particular topics, ranging from beginning functional programming to advanced functional programming, category theory, type theory, and dependently-typed programming.
- On Friday, you'll discover dozens of talks and workshops, each carefully structured, and designed to teach you one important concept that can help you solve a particular problem you encounter in your day job. All workshops will be delivered using a cloud-based environment that's pre-configured, so you can get to work right away without any setup.
- On Saturday, you'll have a chance to peek at what real-world functional programmers are doing, and be inspired by how abstract concepts like immutable data structures and adjoint functors are helping developers everywhere write software that's easier to safely change, easier to compose, and easier to reason about.
- On all days, we'll have expanded content for advanced functional programming and alternate material, and a brand new De Novo track for original research in academia and industry.
- A dedicated unconference room that runs throughout the conference, and plenty of time and space to network, collaborate, and learn and share.
Expect all the usual perks of a LambdaConf, including amazing food catered by local restaurants, free childcare and STEM workshops for children, awesome (but useful!) swag, activities for professional networking, and the stunning beauty of the majestic Rocky Mountains.
Mark your calendars. LambdaConf 2017 is a year you won't want to miss!